Heavenly Cake Baker- Barcelona Brownies

I was so excited to make wonderful brownies! And to top it off the author of my new cookbook emailed me an answer to my question! I am a food geek that is keeping it forever. It is like royalty has spoken to me. My new cookbook is: Rose's Heavenly Cakes by Rose Levy Beranbaum. Much to my foodie surprise I discovered a group of cooks that also own this book and are cooking their way through it! I just love fun people like that.
It seems that more and more I have failures in the kitchen. Luckily, with good ingredients they can fail and still taste good. Reasons for mishaps: my three children? Perhaps..or my oven that is erratic and bakes 130-150 degrees hotter than it says. The first thing to go wrong-in my attempt to not overcook these beauties, I undercooked them causing them to sink. Then because I forgot to start the ganache when I was suppose to it was way to runny for a plug. So I filled up the sunken part with the "glaze". I also wanted to weigh everything-my scale is not great so who knows if the measurement were correct. My guess is NO!
Tied a bow on it and it became the cake for my 1 year old's first birthday.


The comments: Everyone loved it. Especially the baby. I will make them again now that I know what I am doing.

Comments

Azure said…
Holy cow! That's one messy baby!!
You should have seen the back of her head!!!