Best Banana Muffins

What to do with the many extra dried apricots you have....perhaps left over from making an apricot cake roll. I added them to my favorite muffin recipe and created an amazing muffin.

Perfect for an afternoon tea party. Enjoy.

7 years later (update): These remain my go to recipe. I have since started using 100% whole wheat flour and leaving out the chocolate chips to make them healthier. They are still amazing.


Quick Banana Muffins
I made these with some added leftover apricts from my apricot roll with lacquer glaze. This is a recipe from my good friend, Anne. She called them "good for you" so I added whole wheat flour. I think they just are easy peazy and yummy.
1 egg
1 cup sugar
3-4 mashed bananas
3/4 cup oil

Mix Well.

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 tea soda
1 tea salt
1 tea nutmeg
2 tea cinnamon

Whisk dry and add to wet. Add:

1 3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped apricot

Bake 375 degrees for 15-20 min.


Comments

Love the idea of the added apricots!! That sounds yummy!
Sarah said…
Ohh! I'm going to try those!
Vicki said…
These muffins sound delicious! Love the darling tea set.