Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Best Banana Muffins

What to do with the many extra dried apricots you have....perhaps left over from making an apricot cake roll. I added them to my favorite muffin recipe and created an amazing muffin.

Perfect for an afternoon tea party. Enjoy.

7 years later (update): These remain my go to recipe. I have since started using 100% whole wheat flour and leaving out the chocolate chips to make them healthier. They are still amazing.


Quick Banana Muffins
I made these with some added leftover apricts from my apricot roll with lacquer glaze. This is a recipe from my good friend, Anne. She called them "good for you" so I added whole wheat flour. I think they just are easy peazy and yummy.
1 egg
1 cup sugar
3-4 mashed bananas
3/4 cup oil

Mix Well.

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 tea soda
1 tea salt
1 tea nutmeg
2 tea cinnamon

Whisk dry and add to wet. Add:

1 3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped apricot

Bake 375 degrees for 15-20 min.


3 comments:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Love the idea of the added apricots!! That sounds yummy!

Coiner Family said...

Ohh! I'm going to try those!

Vicki said...

These muffins sound delicious! Love the darling tea set.