If I were a cookbook designer-I'd wear green




If I was a cookbook designer: This is how I would have my layouts. With ingredients to the side....and photos of steps.

A half bag of spinach
A half bunch of cilantro
1 1/4 cup chicken broth

Whirl in blender










Then add to the blender:

1 1/4 cups milk
1 tea sea salt


Whirl until Grinch Green.












Melt:
3 Tb butter
1 Tb olive oil










Add:
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice

Cook till brown.

Add:
1 tea garlic
1/4 cup minced onion- or green onions








Slowly add Grinch green mixture.
Bring to boil.
Cook, covered, 20 minutes.
Stir carefully and cook 5 minutes more.







Remove from heat and let steam in covered pot for 10 minutes more.


Enjoy! Happy Saint Patrick's Day, friends.

Source: The 150 Best American Recipes
noted on page 221 original source: Jim Peyton's New Cooking from Old Mexico

Comments

Amber Walker said…
I remember eating this last year at our little girl St. Patty's day party . What a fun day!