My Lunch Takes a Walk

I am on a frantic search for canned goods that I can store. Green beans have to go. Asparagus was disappointing. So, I am trying canned meat: specifically chicken. Canned chicken. I felt there was no better test than enchiladas and a dinner party with the Walkers!

Look at that wonderful homemade guacamole and chili cheese muffins...mmm thanks friend.

One of my favorite things on the face of this earth is dinner with friends. I love dinner parties.

M, "Is that your cracker down there?
C, "Yes. Did you see the enchiladas? I want to save room for those!"

Another part of food that must pass the test is how well it makes a lunch the next day! My lunch was wonderful. Especially after my long walk to the "chicken light" and back home again.

I image my blocks of neighbors standing at their windows, shaking their heads, saying "There goes the crazy lady in the apron with the camera and plate of food. Back and forth she goes, poor woman!"


I love my neighbors. I will even love them if they call Saint Albans behavioral health to come get me.

Filling
  • 2 cans drained chicken chunks
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 2 big hand fulls of shredded cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all and add cooked onion when sauce is finished cooking

Sauce
  • med onion
  • oil
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 2 Tb chili powder
  • 2 tea cumin
  • 2 tea sugar
  • 15 oz tomato sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • corn tortillas
Cook onions until tender. Add spices until fragrant. Stir in water and tomato sauce and heat till thick. Remove onions. Heat tortillas and fill with filling. Roll, place in 13x9, spray tops with pam. Pour half sauce over top and add some cheese. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes.

Serve with


  • lime wedges
  • sour cream
  • guacamole
  • rest of sauce

Comments

Sarah said…
I just printed this recipe to try this week. Yum. Love that you take your food for a walk!!! Thanks for the pictures, we always loved that tree too.