Outstanding!!I often find recipes that I want to make simply because they sound gross. So wild or ridiculous that I just have to find out what the buzz is about. I have found 2 of my favorite recipes this way: peanutty noodles and this one, spaghetti with tuna sauce. Now the reason I say gross to this particular recipe is because I am not a fan of fish..anchovies...or capers-all included.
source: The 150 Best American Recipes
- 1 Tb salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tb pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tea capers
- 1 tea red pepper flakes
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes
- 6-8 oz tuna (Italian in oil)
- 1/4 golden raisens
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- Bring salted water to boil for noodles. Cook noodles while preparing the sauce.
- Heat oil. Cook pinenuts until light brown
- Add garlic, anchovies, capers, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes breaking everything up.
- Add tomatoes and bring to boil. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add tuna and raisins. Heat and break up tuna.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to sauce.
- Add parsley and pepper to taste.