When I started to blog, food blogs were few and far between. Food photography...what was that? Now there are books about the subject.
I think I liked doing something that was cutting edge and new. Now that the web is overflowing with AMAZING food blogs, I wonder why I still do it.
It isn't because my blog is anything spectacular. But it is mine and gives me a feeling of accomplishment and organization in my baking. It is my cookbook and journal all in one. And the bonus is that I have made great friends, keep in touch with old friends, and remain social with fellow bakers.
Here is what I learned making Brioche this weekend:
1. How to Clean an Oven Rack:Lay your racks on a towel in the tub
Pour baking soda on your racks
Pour a 1/2 gallon of vinegar on the racks
Let it bubble and fizz
After it stops fizzing-add water to tub and soak
Scrub until looks like new
2. Be patientI way heated my milk because I was in a hurry...and had to wait until it cooled to 120 degrees. So I cleaned the kitchen while waiting.
3. Bread making is perfect for multitaskingNot only could I clean but I could pack also while making the bread!
4. Have FaithAdding the eggs made an ugly mess. I was worried..no need for negative worry time!
4. Real Butter Rocks!!Adding butter to an already rich dough took this to an entire different level. Butter makes everything better.
5. One piece at a timeAdding the butter one piece at a time was great. Take time to slow down and enjoy life. Our move has been one step at a time. First the girls school, then the house, and then the job. It all comes together.
6. MMM Dough. I LOVE ITOnce when I was younger, I saw a 911 show about a person who ate so much bread dough that his stomach was exploding. I have had a terror of eating raw dough ever since! But, this dough was so tempting and soft. I had to sample, a little. I am still alive!!
7. Braiding is easier with hair
8. I love bread
9. I love a clean ovenIsn't it amazing what a clean house can give you: peace of mind and inner joy.
10. The smell of fresh bread...nothing better
11. Number 10 is so bogus.The best thing is eating fresh bread!! This bread is spectacular. The flavor is wonderful and the texture amazing. The kids have all but devoured the entire loaf in 1 day. I thought I had over cooked the loaf because the bottom was a tad over browned. After some time in a bread bag, it was excellent. Can't wait to see what my fellow ABC bakers came up with this month.