Apricot Harvest and Fresh Bread

 What must you do when you have wonderful fresh apricot jam? Make bread!

 I made the Vermont Maple Oatmeal Bread from King Arthur's Flour. The recipe is here. But the amazing thing I wanted to share was the new way I found for rolling out rolls. It is called THE FLIP! I love it and now find myself wanting to make rolls every day because flipping them is so fun. Watch the how to video. (you have to scroll down a bit to see the video)

I tell you...mmm this is living. Fresh rolls and fresh jam.

 Vermont Maple Oatmeal Bread/Rolls


Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons hot water
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup real maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour 
  • 2 cups flour 
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast

Mix first 7 ingredients.
Add flour and mix in mix 7 minutes until "springy dough"
Rise till doubled-1-2 hours
Deflate dough and then....the fun begins. Cut and FLIP!!
Place on pan with siltpat, 2 fingers between each roll
Raise.
Bake 350 for 20-30 minutes

Comments