Baked Mississippi Mud Pie

Mississippi Mud Pie is one of my favorite things to make..although I agree with the Baked authors that it is VERY sweet. I loved the idea of making a layered cake that was more "dreamier more elegant version".
I am so excited to be baking my way through, Baked Explorations. It is one of my favorite cookbooks. Everything has a fresh spin and has turned out amazingly well. I also discovered that I have friends who are also baking their way through this book. Take a peek at what they made.

The flourless chocolate cake layer took up the entire crust area...no room for my pudding layer! Oh NO.
I made it work. This cake was mammoth!! I gave some away to our friends, the Walshes.  It is beautiful to look at but I think it could be better. I think my chocolate pudding recipe and my flourless chocolate cake recipe could combine to create an amazing cousin to this. And I saw in my Death by Chocolate cookbook a "Big Dig" cake that is similar. I want to try the idea again but with different layers.
Very Rich and Beautiful!

The whipped cream layer was amazing.

Comments

Rebecca said…
I had the same issue with the flourless cake. It was way too much batter! I also made it work and I figured that whipped cream covers all sins!
mike509 said…
I would say it is mammoth! Looks absolutely wonderful.... Nice job! I didn't get a chance to make this but will have to now!
Thanks for stopping by Rebecca! Isn't whipped cream amazing...

Mike,
I am so excited to join the Baked adventures. Can't wait to see if you have luck with this one.
Sheri said…
Wow! That's a big cake! Mine was giant when I took it out but then it sunk down. Too bad my pudding was a goopy mess.
Yum! Yours looks great Virginia. Glad your joining us in the challenges.
Sheri,
Sorry to hear about your pudding! It sounds as if you were not the only one with that problem.

Brownie on the Beach,
I am so glad to join. I love that cookbook! It is great to read everyone's post.
Your cake is beautiful! Just looking at your pictures is making me hungry! Wonderful job!