Pancake Tuesday Mini German Puffs


When I saw this recipe on pinterest I knew I had to give it a try. Mine did not look as lovely as those on Keeping it real in the Kitchen..but they were tasty.


Mini German Pancakes
1 cup milk
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. orange zest (optional)
1/4 cup butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Blend first six ingredients (milk thru orange zest) in a blender.  Be careful to see that any flour clumps get well-blended.
  2. Blend in butter a little at a time in order to temper the eggs.
  3. Grease muffin tins well and distribute batter evenly between 24 tins (I did more like 18. Gimme Some Oven’s tins were slightly less than half-full.  I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup and filled it almost full.) Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top.
  4. Served with your favorite toppings.
I sauteed some apples in cinnamon and butter. Opened a can of cherry pie filling and mashed some frozen blueberries. All very good topping choices.

Our favorite was the blueberry and sour cream!! Yummy.

Comments