Sawdust Pie

 I first saw this recipe in 2010, when we were finishing up the Kottages at the KOA in Kingman. And since there was always sawdust around I was always thinking pie, pie, pie.

 Doesn't it just scream PIE to you?

 And now I finally have the chance to make it! I tried a new technique with the crust.

 I left it very shaggy and then put it in the fridge where it came together.

 Still a tad loose it came together as I rolled it.

 I also divided the recipe and only made 1/4 of the filling. I am home alone and didn't want the temptation of a whole 9 inch pie.

 Pie is my weakness.

 I got 4 mini crusts out of the single pie crust recipe. I only made 2...the self control!

 The filling is easy and whips up quickly.

 The filling puffs up.

 And the crust had the most wonderful layers.

 With some whipped cream, it just finished the whole thing off to perfection. Only banana would have made it better. I wonder if any of the other Baked bakers used bananas. I am excited to see.

Sawdust Pie
Baked Explorations

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
  • 1 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1 1/2 graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 oz chopped white chocolate
  • 1/2 tea salt
  • 6 egg whites
  • 1 tea vanilla

Mix all ingredients except egg whites and vanilla. Mix eggs and vanilla then mix together. The egg should coat the ingredients. Fill an uncooked pie shell. Bake until set to the touch, 30-40 minutes. Cool before serving. Serve with whipped cream and sliced bananas.

Comments

Chelly said…
Like your mini pies! Looks so good....I am definitely going have to give this a recipe a try!
Susan said…
Very nicely done! I like the mini pies & the whipped cream.
Candy said…
I love your mini pies! Cute blog name!