Summer Orzo Salad

Joel and I have been trying to eat more salad. We went on a family trip and ate salads at every meal. We loved it. When we got home we started eating more variety in salads. I found this recipe on line from a friend in my baking group. Thanks Susan!!  Orzo salad by Susan


 Orzo Salad
with changes

1/2 bag of Orzo-cooked to perfection
2 diced tomatoes
2 green onions
1/2 can black beans
1/2 can shoepeg corn
1/2 can pinto beans or 1/2 cup fresh
1/2 can diced chilis
1 avacado, diced
4 oz salami, diced
6 oz feta or queso fresco
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Mix all ingredients. Pour dressing over and mix gently. Serve on a bed of greens. I used spinach, romaine, and butter lettuce. 

Dressing Ingredients:
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
squirt of honey
1/4 tea sea salt
1/4 tea cumin
1/4 tea garlic salt
dash of oregano
(Susan's recipe calls for Arizona seasonings..I don't have that so I created my own spices) Adjust seasonings as needed before you pour onto the salad. Whisk until smooth and combined.






Comments