Tupelo Honey Cafe Triple Berry Pie

According to Joel, "This pie makes cheesecake jealous!" It is amazing and some have said it is why pies are made at all (okay..Joel said that too!). One of the people we shared it with said it was the best pie ever. I tell you this not to toot my own horn but to say, "Buy this book!" It is so great. And the authors aren't even paying me to say that.

 You can use fresh or frozen berries. I like that flexibility because it means you can make it any time of the year.
 I used a pre-made graham cracker crust. I hate to admit that but I was in a hurry. It did not hurt the pie in any way.

Three-Berry Cream Cheese Pie
Tupelo Honey Cafe Cookbook

Crust:
1 1/2 cups vanilla crumbs
4 Tb melted butter
  • Press into crust and set aside.

Topping:
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
1 cup raspberries
2 Tb sugar
1 Tb water
1Tb cornstarch
  • Heat berries and sugar until a thick sauce. 
  • Combine water and cornstarch and add to berries. 
  • Will thicken slightly. 
  • Set aside to cool.

Middle:
2 8oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tb vanilla extract
1/8 tea salt
2 Tb heavy cream (I used milk)
  • Mix all ingredients for middle in food processor. 
  • Scrap sides as needed. 
  • Pour into crust. 
  • Pour berries on top. 
  • Bake 20-40 minutes until not jiggly. 
  • Cool for 30 min. 
  • Refrig overnight before serving.

Comments