Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lemon Meatloaves

I made this about 4 years ago. It is one of my favorite things to make and yet...I forgot about it. How is that possible?

Little miniature meatloaves..so yummy. And they cook much faster than a regular loaf-bonus.

Lemon Barbecued Meat Loaves

Meatloaf Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (I also have used 1 lb ground beef and 2 sweet sausage links)
  • 4 slices dried bread, cubed
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tea seasoned salt

Sauce Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tea dry mustard
  • 1/4 tea ground allspice
  • 1/4 tea ground cloves
  •  
  • 6 thin lemon slices

Mix all loaf ingredients and shape into 6 loaves. Use greased pan. Bake 350 for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile whisk sauce ingredients. After 15 minutes, baste loaves with sauce and top with lemon slice. Bake 30 minutes longer.

2 comments:

Amber Walker said...

These look so yummy and pretty! Maybe I could trick my kids who won't eat meatloaf to try it!

Virginia Taylors said...

Amber,
They are way good...but sadly only 2 of my kids will eat them!! Hey that is the majority...try it.