Corn Pudding


3 years in the making! You can tell by the photo of my kitchen helper who is almost 6 now. So funny to see how long it is taking me to get to things.

I love corn pudding. This recipe reminds me of Anna Burns. We worked at Pulaski Elementary School together. I shared this recipe with her after we had quite the discussion about our love our corn pudding but how it sometimes is less than wonderful when homemade. She is the nicest lady and had these magical snow earrings that when she wore them it always snowed the next day. This recipe also reminds me of a long lost friend, Karen Newell. She is the best cook on the planet and shared most of my greatest recipes with me. This recipe is out of the cookbook she said was a must have in my collection. It is from A Pinch of Salt Lake Cookbook.

Pennsylvania Dutch-Style Corn Pudding

2 16 oz cream-style corn
4 eggs, beaten until frothy
4 Tb flour
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tea salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a well-buttered 2-quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Yes one and one half hours.

Comments