Tater Salad Bon Appetit

My husband and I had a mutual hatred of a couple of things when we got married: bone soup (leftover turkey soup) and potato salad. I never really cared for potato salad because I don't like pickles and every salad I had eaten had loads of pickles. I have come to LOVE "tater" salad because of this recipe. It is scrumptious. It is an old Bon Appetit recipe that I could not even locate on their website and that I have tweaked a bit. I add artichokes now after eating another really delightful potato salad at a camp in Northern Idaho.

This is the outdoor dance floor where we contra dance and have dance lessons.

 It is Camp N Sid Sen on Lake Coeur d'alene.

This is overlooking the lake watching the sunset after a day of family fun, dancing, reading, art, and great food.

Corn and Red Potato Salad

6 red potatoes, boil until tender and then diced (I use white potatoes if needed)
2 fresh ears of corn (I use a can of shoepeg, drained)
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp shredded lemon peel
1 Tb lemon juice
S & P to taste
1/2 cup sliced green onions
I add:
1/2 can artichoke hearts, unmarinated

Pulverized artichoke hearts in food processor. Add mayo, sour cream, lemon peel, lemon juice to make the dressing. Pour over diced potatoes, corn, onions and mix well. Garnish with dill and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.

Comments