I stumbled upon a fun blog called Mel's Kitchen Cafe and found this great quick recipe for pasta. I added spinach because I love everything spinach. It was a good addition. Mel has something fun..she has a BEST link. It links to all of her favorites or "best" of the best recipes in her collection. It is very clever.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into 8 pieces
- 8-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste, if needed
- Diced fresh tomatoes, fresh basil for topping (optional)
- I added a huge handful of fresh spinach
- In a medium pot or skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, taking care not to let the garlic burn. Stir in the dried basil. Add the cream cheese, stirring with a whisk until the mixture is smooth. It will look curdled at first, but with constant whisking for 2-3 minutes, it should come together to form a smooth, creamy paste. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Over medium heat, add the milk gradually, about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking quickly and constantly until each addition is incorporated fully into the sauce. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is the desired consistency, 5-10 minutes. (Then I threw in the spinach and cooked till wilted.) Serve over hot, cooked noodles.