Mel's Kitchen Cafe blog. Joel is calling it the "ONE". He asked me why I would ever make another cookie recipe because of this "Wonder" cookie. It is really good. So when it cools down and is not 100 degrees outside we will make these again. Maybe it should be the Winter Wonder Cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 25-30 squares)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 2 cups (1 package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (Sadly, nut allergies!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth. Add graham cracker crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recipe Source: from Debbie R. via Aunt Marilyn