This was a fun change and really did taste like carrot cake with an oatmeal texture. This recipe was a pinterest find from FiveheartHOMe. Thanks for sharing such a fun change.
Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (plus additional for garnish, if desired)
- 1 cup almond milk (OR whole/2% milk), at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (packed) grated carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread chopped pecans on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 4 to 6 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in carrots and raisins (if using). Blend in oats, toasted pecans, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, and salt; stir until mixture is well-combined.
- Spread oatmeal into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with optional garnishes: warm milk drizzled over the top, additional toasted pecans, maple syrup, or fresh fruit.