Cheese Steak Philly

My friend gave me her favorite recipes for a Christmas gift. I thought this idea was so clever! I ran to the store to pick up the ingredients for a cheese steak philly. Never have dared make these even though we love them. There is an art here..not too soggy but not dry. Flavorful but not one ingredient stealing the show.
I went to Harmon's to pick up deli roast beef. The meat person asked me what I was making and got so excited when I told her. She told me what kind of meat I needed and how to barely heat. When she asked what kind of cheese I was using I told her about the sauce made with Velveeta cheese. No lie she about had a real heart attack and said I could NOT use Velveeta on such a good meat. The meat was pricey. So she talked me into some wonderful cheese slices.
Wanting to be true to the recipe I did make the cheese sauce..and we all LOVED it. Thanks Camille Cottle.

Cheese Steak Philly
Sauce:
8 oz Queso Blanco Velveeta
1/2 tea pepper
1/4 cup milk

Sandwiches:
6 TB butter
1 onion, sliced thin
1 each red, yellow, green bell pepper, sliced thin
2 lbs thinly shaven roast beef
6 sub rolls

Melt all sauce ingredients in pan. Add milk as needed if too thick. In fry pan saute onion and peppers in butter till soft or crunchy depending on preference. Add meat at last minute just to warm not to cook. Assembly sandwiches.

Comments