Cheesy Mexican Pasta via The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook


http://barefeetinthekitchen.com/category/the-weeknight-dinner-cookbook/

I picked up a new cookbook at the library this weekend. When looking through cookbooks I sometimes find one or two recipes that I really want to try. I flipped through this one and almost every recipe was something I wanted to try! Easy and doable looking the title promotes Simple Family Friendly Recipes.

So I have made 2 of the recipes having the ingredients on hand. Everyone loved them. This one is a pasta dish that was easy and quick to whip up. This cookbook may be a birthday present to myself this year!

Cheesy Mexican Pasta

Ingredients (with my changes):
12 oz bite size pasta-cooked
1 lb ground beef- cooked then seasoned with spices
1TB chili powder
1 1/2 tea ground cumin
3/4 tea salt
3/4 tea pepper
1/2 tea paprika
1/4 tea oregano
1/4 tea garlic powder
1/4 tea onion powder
1/2 tea cornstarch

2 cups chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes-not drained
1-2 cups fresh or frozen thawed, squeezed spinach

1 cup shredded cheese mix (colby jack)

Top with:
sour cream
green onions
cilantro

Directions:
While noodles cook. Brown meat. When almost done add all spices including corn starch. Add veggies (not spinach) and tomatoes and cook 6 minute with lid on. Stir and add frozen spinach,  replace lid to cook 6 more minutes until veggies are done to your liking. Add drained cooked noodles to pot. Sprinkle cheese on top and replace lid to melt cheese. Serve with toppings.

Comments