150- Cornbread with Sage Leaves and Feta

Another successful recipe from The 150 Best American Recipes. Easy and Yummy. Piano practice and baking mmm my favorite time.
We loved this and yet...it is now a science experiment in the corner of my kitchen. I am afraid to open the container it is in!! I am so glad I am married...thanks JT.

Cornbread (source)
(Print)

1 Tb butter
Sage leaves for top

Smear butter on bottom of 9inch pie plate. Decorate with leaves. The original recipe calls for putting leaves around the edge..see photos.

3/4 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 tea baking powder
2 tea sugar
1/2 tea salt

Whisk dry. Then whisk wet. Combine together.

2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup olive oil

Add:
1 cup feta

Bake 25 min in a 400 degree oven. Loosen sides with knife and flip onto a plate. Serve.

Comments

Vicki said…
This looks very tasty as well as pretty. But I'm confused...what is the science experiment part?
We forgot that it was around until it reminded us!!! and tried to leave on its own newly grown feet...