"The most wonderful texture! Even if I am still not a fan of eggnog flavor." -Toni
This is yet another great recipe out of The Pastry Queen Christmas. See list of wonderful recipes on my sticky toffee page.
Chocolate Cookie Crusted Eggnog Cheesecake
- 40 Oreo cookies, processed to form crumbs (about 3 3/4 cups crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups high-quality eggnog
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap a single sheet of aluminum foil around the bottom and sides of the pan to prevent leakage.
- In large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter, stir until combined.
- Firmly press the crumb mixture into the springform pan to cover the bottom and about three-fourths of the way up the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. (be sure to scrape down sides of bowl).
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the egg yolk, beating on medium-low speed after each addition until combined.
- Add the sour cream and eggnog separately, beating on low speed after each addition.
- Stir in the nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the batter into the crumb-lined pan.
- Set the pan a larger baking pan and place it in the oven. Use a teakettle to pur enough boiling water into the baking pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the filling is set around the edges and is a light golden brown; the filling should jiggle slightly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 1 day before serving (and up to 4 days.).