Having fun whisking together the egg, vanilla and milk.
Apricot Cream Cheese Scones
King Arthur's Flour Baker's Companion
- 3 1/4 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, chunked
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons more, if needed
- Sparkling sugar for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place all dry ingredients into processor and pulse a few times.
Pulse in the butter and cream cheese like biscuits.
Add apricot to the bowl but do not pulse yet.
Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add liquid to processor and pulse until evenly moistened..but not a lot.
Put onto floured board and fold over until it holds together-2 or 3 times
Pat into 1 inch think slab.
Cut into triangles.
Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake 18 minutes until golden brown.
We loved them with fresh apricot jam and sour cream. YUM.